Contact First State Bank of Kiester for current rates, account minimums, and fees.
Regular Checking Account
- Non-interest earning account
- Monthly service fee apply
- A per item fee will be charged for each transaction
- Persons 62 years of age or older have a lower monthly service fee and no per item fee
- Persons 18 years and younger no monthly service fee and no per item fee
Now Checking Account
- Interest earning account
- Average daily balance method is used to calculate interest
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit non-cash items (example, checks)
- Interest rate and annual percentage yield may change
- Minimum $500 deposit required to open the account
- Monthly service fee applies
- A higher service charge fee will apply and a per item fee for items in excess of 24 during a cycle if average daily balance for the monthly statement cycle falls below minimum balance.
NOTICE OF CHANGE IN TEMPORARY FDIC INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR TRANSACTION
By federal law. as of January 1, 2013, funds in a non-interest bearing
transaction account (including an IOLTA/IOLA) will no longer receive
unlimited deposit insurance coverage, but will be FDIC insured to the legal
maximum of $250,000 for each ownership category.
For more information about temporary FDIC insurance coverage of
transaction accounts, visit